March 30, 2010

Amazing Quilts

Greetings Friends~ ~ ~
Last week we enjoyed a day at a huge quilt show held locally in Lancaster County. If you are like me and not in touch with quilting in 2010 you will be amazed at the quilts here. Your Grandmothers quilts they are not but oh my, are they lovely and creative.

I adore the flowers on the pink one above. All applique.

This was stunning also.


The quilt above was only one of just a few of the old fashioned looking quilts among hundreds that were displayed for judging. I kid you not, hundreds!



I found the one above amusing, how about you?


This quilt with all the points was beautifully made and won Best In Show!
If you sew, this will make you lose sleep!




Pretty, pretty.




Intricate.






I love this one with the vases of flowers. Wouldn't this make a great cloth for a table scape?
I can see it hanging over a big round table with
Lots of white dishes on it.



Interesting?



These two were on display in a booth and the patterns were for sale.

I just had to share the fun and beauty with you.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

5 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing these Ahrisha
xoxo pattie

Blondie's Journal said...

Stunning quilts! It looks like the show was fun!

xoxo
Jane

Helen said...

These quilts are truly amazing! So unique, colorful and full of design. Thank you so much for showing us!

Julia said...

You are a LUCKY woman to get to see all those in real life. Amazing work from real craftswomen. Everyone must admire that!!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

What a stunning display of quilts you've shown us. I love the cottage quilt. That first one is unbelievable!