April 15, 2010

A Simple Luncheon

Hello Friends~ ~ ~

You are invited for a luncheon come on in and pull up a chair. We are having a big salad some crackers and Iced tea. It was so refreshing last week when the temps were in the 80's around here for a whole week. I was lovin' it.


I used my Buy Of The Century silverwear which we have been using every day since I got it. I paid $25 for 6 place settings of silver. Can you believe it? I mixed it today with my black handled vintage knives that were a gift.
The napkins are kitchen dish cloths I bought last summer on the cheap and I really do use them a lot because they wash up so nicely. I got two different patterns. Love plaid.



The glasses are Princess House from years ago.



Please notice the placemat set of 4. Mom has been sewing again and she would love to sell these placemats. If you have an interest they are $15.95 plus shipping for the set of 4. The table runner is an additional $7.95. I love reds and this set has an Italian flair with the olive oil and salad bowls. It really is sweet and sets a nice table.





I choose to only use placemats today which I hardly ever do. My dining table has a glass top to protect the wood finish and I don't like the noise it makes when the dishes are moved around on it. I much prefer the silence of a tablecloth. How about you?



Here is a shot of the placemat set. Mom really does nice work. She is a great seamstress still at 89 years young.


This is another set Mom has for sale if you are interested please let me know. These cupcakes are so cute. They would make a sweet party table.


I'm linking up with Susan at
for Table Scape Thursday.
Please visit her for links to everyone who joined in for the fun.

Make It A Wonderful Weekend
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

26 comments:

Ann said...

What a pretty table you have set! Also, looks like you scored some fabulous finds, that is always the icing on the cake for a table.:)
Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing.

The Style Sisters said...

Love the red napkins!

Debbiedoos said...

Those are the cutest place mats! And yes of course my roosters dance, and sing:)!!~ Thank for popping in! Have a great day!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very inviting table. Love the silverware what a find!

Blondie's Journal said...

How pretty, Ahrisha! I love the place mats! And I think it's a great idea to use the dishcloths for napkins. I have to try that. Probably better colors!

Everything looks wonderful! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Allie and Pattie said...

Ahrisha, it looks wonderful. Those napkins and that silver are just perfect!
xoxo Pattie

Creations By Cindy said...

I adore how you used dish cloths as napkins....My kind of gal! It is all very pretty. Be blessed. Cindy

Unknown said...

Love the pattern of those beautiful placemats. Great choice.

Hugs
Charo

Denise said...

Very pretty colors. The flowers are my favorite :)

Tricia said...

Such a charming, welcoming table! Love how you've used different dish towels for the napkins -- they add so much color!

Needles Everywhere said...

Very inviting. I like the classy simplicity. It's so beautiful. And I like a tablecloth myself, but am trying to use more platemats to let the wood show through (and save myself some laundry).
THanks for posting it.

Marigene said...

Arisha, love the red/white/gold table. Great silverware find.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

beautiful table Arisha! I love your centerpiece and the placemats are very cute!
Cindy

Sarah said...

Pretty table. I really like those red stripe dish towels used as napkins. I like to use dish towels as napkins too. Thanks for sharing your table setting.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Looks very nice. I like the matching color of flowers and placemats.
Greetings, Johanna

Chubby Chieque said...

I can't see that this table is simple. You always share your smarty way of tablescaping.

I love it!

Happy w/end.

xoxo

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a beautiful and gracious table; looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

colorchic said...

What a pretty table! Love the red, it really brings the table to life! Thanks for visiting my site. Have a great weekend!

Ridgely (Grandma J @ Dear Angelene) said...

What a beautiful table -- your mom's table linens are beautiful (and love the cupcakes)! Yes, the silverware was a find! I, too, love plaid and stripes, so I love your red napkins. Great tablescape!

Jane said...

Such a pretty table! I love the dish towel "napkins"...especially the striped one. And 6 place settings of silver for $25? That's unbelievable!
Good for you!

Your mom does a nice job with placemats.
Jane (artfully graced)

Anonymous said...

Beatifull!
kisses
Flor

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

Love the cupcakes! What a pretty table. Thank you for stopping by Yoga Gal- to answer your question, I used a glue stick to glue the wrap, picture, and matte, and I am just crossing my fingers that it does not dry out! :) Katie

N @ Cheap Like a Birdie said...

LOVE the cupcake placemats! Thank you so much for coming over and leaving sweet comments. I'm thinking I may make a post with a few "tufting tips" soon.

Tamara Jansen said...

I just wanna rush over and sit for a while! What a wonderful setting :)

pamela said...

This is just so pretty. I love the color of those dish cloths. They just pull the whole look together. I'm catching up on my blog reading. I've missed so much.
Pamela