December 14, 2009

A Little Christmas Tour

Happy Holidays Friends~ ~ ~
Come on in for a visit and share in the Joy of the season!

This is what happens when your in a hurry. Please tilt your head a little to the left to read Mom's Amazing Fruitcake recipe. None who have tried this cake have disliked it. It has very little fruit and lots of tasty cake so I am sharing the recipe with all of you. It's the easiest cake to make you won't believe it. I printed the recipe on paper and hung it from the stair railing for all to see as they enter through the front door. I'll do another post later so that you can copy and paste the recipe to your computer. How about for Foodie Friday, OK Gollum?

At the top of the steps is one of my china cabinets.
I love the vintage picture of the boy & girl on the swing.



This is new this year and I got it at
Fairy Freckles Studios. It would make a great centerpiece for a table also.
They have the greatest vintage plaques another is on the dining room buffet.



Ta Da, This is my thin white tree that was a gift from my friend Joy and I just love it. It fits so nicely in the corner of our small livingroom.



Love this picture of the tree top. My friend walked in the room and said "It looks like your tree exploded!" Kinda cool. I have had the little gold stars on the sticks for at least 20 years. The big silver ones are new.



These are some of my favorite ornaments.




Can you believe I got them at WalMart?




Sweet little sparkly tree. In my mind you can never have enough Glitter!!



The above picture is of the bottom of the tree. I really loaded it up with big elements to make it look wider. The tree is sort of straight up and down. I used a piece of purple velvet for a tree skirt.



If you look left from the tree the sofa is in front of the big window with it's lace curtains.
I have decorated the sofa table with greens and flowers and my Dept. 54 angels.
Day time shot on a rainy day.


Night time shot with the sparkly lights.


Do any of you collect Dept. 54? These angels have to be at least 25 years old.
They are paper mache.
I have set them on angel hair. It just seemed right.





Opps again. Too much in a hurry. Between the sofa and the tree.



Good thing this is the last shot. The buffet in the diningroom with another print from
Fairy Freckly Studios. Don't you just love it with the bottles I made? I love how it sparkles and shines with all the silver. I'm planning to sell these bottles and more after the holidays.
Do you think there would be much interest?
I am linking to Cindy's Show & Tell to share my Christmas tree.
Please stop by and visit everyone who is participating in Show & Tell.
I'll bet you'll see lots of Christmas decorations this week.
It so much fun to see what everyone is up to.
You can find them all at Cindy's Romantic Home.
Thanks for visiting and for taking the tour. I appreciate all of you and cherish the friendships I have made in the blogging community. Please stop by again and don't forget to leave a little message I really love hearing from you.~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

22 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting my home tour!
Yours is lovely! (I have a daughter who agreed with your "can never have too much glitter" remark. :-) Love the purple velvet tree skirt too.

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

I like your tree with all its decorations. Your home looks ready for Christmas.

Thank you for stopping by too! :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh, that flocked garland is lovely! And I love the exploding tree topper :)

Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my home tour. I love your tree topper...I really want to add picks to my tree next year. I agree with your glittery comment...I think all your glitter look beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Lisa :)

The Smith Hotel said...

Love your glittery tree with the silver and gold. I have been glittering everything in sight this year! Thanks for visiting my house too!

BellaRosa said...

Hello, I am so glad you found my blog and became a follower :) It gave me the chance to discover yours...I have been scrolling through your posts for the past 30 min...I will be back for comments, my family is threatening that starvation is setting in..as if :) I am becoming a follower on yours too so that I can find my way back on my usual late, late night blog visits! Btw I do say My stars alot...along with Oh my stars...it used to tickle my dad who was from the south,he used to say " here is this lil mexican italian, spanish & german american girl and she goes around always sayin Oh my stars :) He said it was because I always saw everything with stars in my eyes...that is why I love my treasures (trash) so much :) Please visit me anytime :) Besos, Rose

Aprons Gone Wild said...

Hello There,
Thanks for following me. I enjoyed the pics of your Christmas decorations. My favorite blogs show pictures of their homes, etc. I don't know if I'm just nosy or a house freak!
Thanks for the tour. Nice to see the Christmas spirit displayed so beautifully.
Joanne

Dena Pickle said...

WOW! I love the white tree and the topper, very nice.
You have a lovely home too, enjoy it at Christmas!
Dena

Joyce said...

Love all the sparkle and glitter. Merry Christmas and stay warm up in your area of the USA.
Joyce

Unknown said...

Thank you for entering the Bling Thing Give-A-Way. I wanted to come visit to be sure I had your email in case your name was chosen. After seeing this lovely post, I realize you love sparkle and bling as much as I do!! Would you be willing to do a post about my give-a-way and I in turn could do a post about your business ~ I'm into natural remedies and things! Let me know!

Christina said...

I love your tree! You are right you can never have too much glitter!

R. Charles said...

Everything is so pretty and sparkly, it's a girl's dream! lol! The tree is gorgeous, the ornaments are beautiful, and the bottles definitely put everything over-the top in the BEST way. Happy Holiday and thanks for sharing

My Grama's Soul said...

Sweet post - lovely home! That pretty much covers it!!

Happy holidays to you,

Jo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the colors and sparkle of your tree. Beautiful home for Christmas!

The Lazy Peacock said...

your home is so lovely! i just love your tree and china cabinet.
happy holidays!

Decor To Adore said...

Such loveliness has me swooning with happy sighs.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your home is just lovely for the holidays. Love that exploded Christmas tree top!

Susan said...

Everything was sparkling indeed. Very nice!!
Susan

Gail said...

Enjoyed your holiday tour! Your home is lovely and is definitely ready for the holiday. Thanks for sharing.

Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

Gail

Dawn Marie said...

Hello! I'm dawn from Wisconsin. I loved going thru your blog. Like you, I'm into essential oils..but I only recently discovered them last year. Mine happened upon reading what was in my bath products one day and realized how much gunk was in them. so, i began doing some reading, research and began making my own using essential oils. Now I have added soy candles to my line. I dont have much of a customer base yet, and i'm still learning. I hope I can learn even more from you!

Julia said...

Merry Christmas!!! I loved your sideways photos as it added a certain personality to your post which I really enjoyed.

That narrow tree is JUST the THING we need at my house. And the top is spectacular!!

TQ said...

Hello Ahrisha,

LOVE all your decorations, they look so pretty! And ... am looking forward to the fruit cake recipe ;-)

Thanks for visiting my blog, you're welcome to come by anytime :-)

Until next time I wish you good health and heaps of love and joy.