August 20, 2009

It's A Summer Celebration

Hello Friends~ ~ ~ Please join us for a Birthday Party. I wanted the theme to be masculine for the Birthday Boy so I choose birds & bird houses as he is an avid bird watcher. The table was decorated with all manner of bird nests, houses and such mixed with many types of candles. Each family was invited to take a bird house home with them as a rememberance of the event.

Because of the number of people attending I had to push two tables together to get the 12 feet I needed to accomodate everyone. I used a sheet for the bottom cloth and put on top the Log Cabin table quilt Mom made for me and this created the red and white theme.
Please have a glass of punch or water flavored with Young Living Essential Oils.


The dessert dishes and coffee cups stand ready for the sweetness that follows the meal


I had one giant hibiscus blooming so I cut it for the center of the table.
Isn't it lovely with the Phlox? I didn't want to get to large with the centerpieces. I find it is annoying when I can't see the person sitting across from me at the table.

Because this party was held in the screened porch and I wanted it to be less formal I didn't have napkins that fit the theme so I went shopping. I found dishcloths~ ~3 in a pack for less then $3.00. Take a look around there are 3 different styles 2 red and a plain white waffle cloth. I love the way they look on the table.
The flowers are from my garden.


Of course there was cake, Citrus Cheesecake with orange topping. It's one of my favorite recipes. If you would like to have it give a yell.
There is a great story about this sweet little pitcher above the cheesecake. I'll share with you at a later time. Be sure to stop back.

Susan is having her Blog Anniversary this week. Be sure to stop over and enter for the give-a-ways. Click HERE to visit our Tablescape Thursday host.
Thanks for stopping by I appreciate each one of you~ ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~ ~

10 comments:

The Desperate Cook said...

What a beautiful birthday party that must of been. I love the flowers, so pretty.

Great idea to let each family take home a birdhouse, I bet they loved it.

LillyB said...

Beautiful!!

Eileen said...

Really nice table setting! And I loved the side table for refreshments and dessert! Fabulous job!
All the best,
Eileen

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is all quite pretty - that cake looks deadly -- Yum!

Bill said...

Very pretty setting. Your garden flowers are beautiful, and I like the idea of using dish cloths as napkins. I've heard of doing that, but have never tried it ... perfect for a masculine, casual setting!

I'd love to have the recipe for that wonderful-looking cake!

Bill

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Ahrisha...wonderful table...love the bird theme! And I love the quilt as a table cloth...awesome idea! Bet the birthday boy felt special with such a delightful table and done in a theme he could appreciate. I've never seen citrus cheesecake...it looks amazing! Thanks for this great tablescape post...I love it!
Susan

Sarah said...

Beautiful party! You are a gracious hostess. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed my visit.

Hope you'll stop by my place for a visit: http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

I'm toasting Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch in honor of her Blog Anniversary!

susan said...

Ahrisha--Your table and flowers are beautiful! The bird house was a really great favor. I do hope you are planning to share the cheesecake recipe!

Laurel said...

Lovely. And please post that recipe, it sounds delish!

Unknown said...

I bet all were excited to see the lovely birthday table you had waiting on them. Certainly they had to feel special. It's lovely.

Happy Twirls