January 3, 2009

A Little Story About a Quilt

I am so happy that all of you stop by now and again to visit. I would love to sit down with each of you and have a cup of tea, cookies and a chat. I guess this little story is as close as we will come to that.
Before we all moved to this new house Mom and I choose fabric for a quilt that I asked her to make for me. I have always wanted a tablecloth quilt for my diningroom table. I love the cozy look and feel it gives a room. I really don't remember when we choose the fabric for the quilt but it was much before we made the decision to move into this new house. The quilt was pieced before we moved but not yet quilted. Well, the quilt is now finished and I want to share it with you.
My Mother is 87 years young and just as quick as a little bird. She pieced the quilt on her Bernina machine and quilted it by hand, every little stitch, on her Mothers quilt frame. We set the frame up in her livingroom and for a few weeks it seemed she quilted in every spare minute. What a wonderful gift! Thanks Mom.
I wish you could see the tiny perfect stitches she sews. She is just amazing. The pattern is a Log Cabin. I find it amazing that this quilt, started before we moved into this house matches the colors of the house so well. The houses main color scheme is cream & wine.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Oh me, oh my! This quilt is absolute perfection. You are blessed indeed and thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!

Decor To Adore said...

What a beautiful labor of love!

Shay said...

What a great gift of the heart. I love the colors; you wouldn't think pinks and reds would go together but these do.

Nora Lee said...

I love quilts; this one is just beautiful!

blog 2 vie said...

Lovely post, thanks for posting